- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for actively supporting the Product & Technology team for all technical aspects of the cloud infrastructure and services. The role is to make sure security, continuous availability, and improvements of the iCarAsia services.
- Maintain service uptime for all production infrastructures
- Actively monitoring production systems performance & activity
- Identify potentials for automation
- Install, administer and maintain existing & new configurations
- Responsible for planning, maintaining dev, test and production environments with continuous integration
- Responsible for release deployments
- Attend to issues that arises from time to time
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing across the group
- Standby / On Call during off office hours to assist to resolve any critical issue that arises.
- Recommend changes or enhancements and on-going research of emerging trends and new technologies, which may benefit the organization’s goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance business performance.
- Weekly progress meeting with line manager.
- Provide support / always be on standby during project role out and deployments
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as per line manager’s request
- Provide reporting, not limited to systems performance and incident reporting following ITIL framework.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in an IT-related field
- Familiar and experienced in ITIL framework and processes.
- Experience in troubleshooting Linux & Microsoft operating systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently time manage, and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and stakeholders who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines. Hence, able to proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Familiarity and experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Very high standard of accuracy, presentation and attention to detail
- Solid working experience with Windows and Linux servers
- Solid experience in: Kubernetes, Dockers, Nginx, MySQL, IIS, ELK, Mongo.
- Knowledge about GCP is an added advantage.
- Solid experience with automation scripts & tools: Bash or Python & Jenkins
Desirable knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Solid experience working for a multinational organisation where English is the primary business language
- Past experiences with similar capacity in a web-based company.
- Able to be on call/standby during weekends to rectify any system issue that may come up.